RE: [VAL] Painting /adding style

Thanks for bringing up what's been on my mind...adding some style to the
interior.

Since we aren't restoring the unit to original but rather building all
new interior, we are trying a Japanese look....rice paper paneled shoji
sliding and closet doors...we just built them today from cherry.  We
found a rice paper looking Formica for the counter and are making a
natural wood strip table top...several woods cut, joined, glued and
planed.  We've done this for cutting boards and can't wait to see a
whole table done like it.  We are using grassy mats for rugs and an
oriental screen style print for curtain material....and somehow I want
to do some kind of bamboo shade for 2 windows.  I hate having anything
that matches but rather blends and contrasts with interest.  We are
using dark cherry and clear birch for all walls and cabinets and doors
and earthy, nubby textured fabric.

I just wish I could color the outside somehow....we did sculpt a 20" sun
from aluminum to cover a dent....cheaper than 2 new panels and adds some
distinction....some would be appalled at a lack of taste tho!  I like to
call it flair!!! I'm thinking about doing a bronze plastic rock
guard....have only seen black.

I love hearing about all kinds of styles that folks have done to their
A/S's and love to look at photos....even if it's not my preference I
like all kinds of different looks.

Some of my pix are on
http://flummoxed.org/lexxey/dewdropplans.htm
If anyone is as interested in decor as I am.  Now we are past the grunt
work I am really enjoying it....but I liked that work too.

Lexxy/aka/Lynn