Re: [VACList] Campgrounds/update

I have only been turned away once at a campground - in Lava Hot Springs, ID,
because they thought the Airstream was not acceptable.  I really think that
the old grumpy lady running the place thought I was not acceptable, not my AS!
Anyway the RV place right next door accepted our money willingly so it turned
out OK.
As to what you need to bring, some RV places that cater to the big fancy
motorhomes, where folks just park overnight, don't have tables, but most
campgrounds have picnic table.  I carry an EZ up shelter when I am going to be
somewhere long enough to make putting it up worth while.  For an overnight, I don't
bother with it. If a campground caters to big motorhomes, the sites are usuall
pretty level, side to side but you might have to adjust the front to back
level.  I carry the levelers that are plastic squares that fit together to make a
ramp, I think they are called Linxs Levers or something like that, and I use
these in some of the campsites that are more for tents than RVs that may be less
than level.  You can use the AC in most campgrounds that cater to the big
motorhomes, some charge extra for AC.  It is really hard to generalize, this is
where the campgound guides are invaluable as they list what the campgound
offers, the length of the sites, pull though or not, electric hookups, water,
sewer, what amenities are available on site or nearby.
Here is what I carry
Linx Levelers
Sewer connector and blue portable tank to hook it to if necessary as I have
no grey water holding tank in my 64 GT
Hose
Two short heavy duty electric cords in case I need extension
Wood block to go under the hitch
Chock blocks
Lub for hitch ball and cover so you don't get lub on your clothes

Just Plain Polly
1964 Globe Trotter
Colorado
WBCCI 7113