Re: [VACList] Towing?

Dave,

I take it that you do not use a weight distributing hitch with the Minuet.
No big deal, but with a 28 footer you will need it as you will be over the
weight limits for the bumper hitch. The F-150 might still do the job for
you, but since you seem to be conserned with power and want a large margin
for safety you probably will want a new truck. What you describe should be
just fine. However, I think that you would be happier with the longer
wheelbase of a longbed truck. The longer the wheelbase (and the heavier the
tow vehicle) the less you will notice the trailer. If the new truck has a
trailer towing package you should be alright. If not add all the cooling you
can for the engine and transmission.

Scott
60 Overlander