Re: [VACList] buck rivets

Thanks to all who wrote on the list and off , explaining  the basics of
riveting to me .
    Having just repaired the old furnace hole , and the corrosion from
mouse house on my roof , I can tell you this ... its not hard . With the
right guy on the bucking bar , a good 3x gun , clecos , AD rivets with the
single dimple . I bought the assorted pack from
http://www.airpartsinc.com/hardware.htm#MS20470UniversalHeadRivets  and
picked out the lengths I needed @3.45 a pound , about half are countersunk
which I `ll never need but it saved buying all the various lengths of 5/32
I needed . They have 2024 t3 in 032 as well , nice folks , too .
    Just remember the sunscreen ! and the shades , and the nitrile gloves
if you vulcum it . Looks like factory , and cost me less than a rivet
shaver would have , even tho I`ll want one of those someday ....
tool-o-holic, you know .
    Yea , so I slipped the set and made one little doink - you `d have to
look for it - I have to remember this isnt going to have to fly , even tho
it is a Flying Cloud .
   thanks , Chris