Re: [VACList] New with questions.

Gary,

The long cylindrical tank is your fresh water tank. It may still be good, or
the bottom may be riddled with pinholes. I was just forced to replace the
tank in my '60. You may have an air pump to pressurize the system. If so and
yours doesn't work contact me offlist as I just bought one right before I
discovered the leaky tank. It was used only once to test it! To help
sanitize it, add a couple cups of bleach and top off with water. Let sit
overnight then drain and flush.

Some people have been able to make the bowen vent covers work with modern
hot water tanks. I saved mine, but have not done anything about making it
fit the new door.

As for the furnace vent, I highly doubt that you will make it work, but you
never know.

As for the black water tank, try it out with water to see if it holds.
However I would test it while at a sanitary dump...

Scott
1960 Overlander