Re: [VACList] McKesh Mirror?

Bobby, I have the McKesh mirrors and like them a lot. My experience is as
follows.

> Any way, since you have some I have a few questions about them.
> Have they ever scratched the side of your tow vehicle?

Never have scratched my 2001 F-150.

> Do they vibrate or stay as steady as the OEM mirrors?

They vibrate less than any other mirrors I have used since I statred
Airstreaming in the early '70s. Completely satisfactory in my opinion.

> How fast have you driven with them?

I've driven 75-80 on the interstates. Usually about the speed limit.

> How far?

12 hours on our way to the Vintage Rally at OXB for example.

> Does the top clip dig into the window seal?

No permanent damage. It displaces the seal some but springs back when the
mirrors are removed.

> Is there someplace you can get them cheaper than price listed on web site?

I didn't really shop them. I needed mirrors to tow my Tradewind back to
Atlanta when I picked it up in Houston and a local RV store in Houston had
them for $125 as I recall.

Jim Greene
' 68 Tradewind