Re: [VACList] Voyager vs 19' Globetrotter?

Hehe...I told the kids that only the really COOL trucks get to park "way
out" in the parking lots!

On a more serious note...I pulled our 27' home with our Chev Astro...It was
well within the weight/tow limitations for the 27', but, even so, those mini
vans (and the Astro is probably the beefiest of the bunch) are just not up
to the job...Pull a pop-up tent trailer with a mini-van, not anything
bigger...The brakes can't handle it...I spent $$$ twice on turning rotors on
the Astro because the brakes are under-engineered for the vehicle and it's
load capacity...And that was when we were towing the tent trailer...Not to
mention rebuilding the bottom of the engine $$$$ when it was overworked and
started spewing oil on the ground.  Most of the folks who have responded to
your post have bigger vehicles for a reason...You need the extra capacity in
brakes, engine power, braking and wheel base stability to pull and STOP your
trailer safely.  For your own safety and the safety of everyone else on the
road...

I feel much more relaxed and enjoy our travelling knowing that I've got the
pulling and stopping capacity necessary and I also don't have to worry about
what I'm not going to take because I don't have the carrying capacity.

My .02 worth...Earned the expen$ive way!

Judy White
'72 - 27' Int'l Ambassador
'02 F250 Powersmoker Crewcab "GRRUCK"