Re: [VACList] AS leaks

Hi Pete,

You mean the curved ones?
If they're leaking in as on the floor, you may have to go right back up
to the roof. Any seam or joint above and to the sides may let the wet in
and run down the frame.

Get a ladder and 6 tubes of vulkem . Clean and fill everything, wiping
up with mineral spirits. Pretend it's a sort of reverse life boat and
there's storm coming. Be very thourough. I think all RV's leak
eventually. After all we need new roofs on our houses about every 20
years or so.

I personally think it takes less time and energy to do a really bang up
calking job than to go around looking for leaks. You might find three,
but next spring there will be three more

I think the techinque you remember is to close the trailer up tight,
using a fan somewhere create negative pressure, put soapy water on the
trailer and then look for bubbles.

If you're talking about the condesate between the double panes, I think
some of that actually comes from the breathing and cooking and showering
we do inside. One of mine has a weep hole in the bottom, maybe that's
the answer.

If it's a window that opens, you may need new gasket material,  a job I
am avoiding.....

Daisy ( two fisted calk gunner)