Re: [VACList] Voyager vs 19' Globetrotter?

Your empty trailer may weigh 2700# but you won't be towing an empty trailer.
You will easily add 1000# in stuff and that doesn't include passengers etc.
that will be in the van. Unless you travel alone you are realistically
looking at 4000#. I highly doubt that you would be able to run with the
Chihuahua's let alone the "big dogs". While you definitely DO NOT NEED a big
turbo diesel truck to tow it they do offer the best mpg's. I have towed my
26' Overlander with a variety of vehicles over the last 25 years including
full sized 70's Chrysler cars, a Suburban, a Dakota pickup and 2 full size
pickups. No matter how big or small the engine I always got 9-12 mpg while
towing EXCEPT for my huge Dodge diesel pickup. With it I get 15-17 towing
and 17-24 mpg solo. It is by far the most economical tow vehicle I have ever
owned and it is very stable even in emergency situations. Yes it is huge. No
I don't like parking it in a crowded parking lot, but I could use the
exercise and don't mind parking a few feet further from the door to get it.
If you choose to go this route get a good used one, they are a lot less
expensive.

Scott