Re: [VACList] cork flooring

Scott, there is a special tool for taking up floor tiles. It looks like a
heavy metal handle hoe that has had the blade bent parallel to the handle
and it works great at getting up the tiles. The good news is they can be
rented at some Home Depot stores and maybe at other do it yourself rental
places. It sells for about $25-30 if you buy one.

I have the same color scheme in my Tradewind and didn't find any cork floor
material in those colors either. If there are any gaps in the joints between
the tiles, they may show through the cork which is only about .125 thick and
somewhat plyable. I'd think you would need to take the old floor up if you
are installing cork. I believe that is what Daisy did and her installation
looks great.

Jim Greene
' 68 Tradewind