[VACList] black tank structural support

I have been preparing some Autocad drawings of the
black tank structural supports. I needed them to get
some of the parts fabricated.  It's also a good way to
highlight potential problems with fit and clearance.
In the process, I made some interesting discoveries.

The sheet metal box that holds the tank is 7-1/2"
high.  The tank, when sitting on the supporting foam,
is between 7-1/2 and 7-3/4 inches high.  The height
varies according to where it is measured.

The original supports for the sheet metal box were
already about a 1/4" high.  The box was pressed firmly
into the floor from below.

I figure that the black tank must have been pressed
very tightly between the floor and the 1" steel angle
that held it up.  This goes a long way towards
explaining why there are stress cracks in the plastic
tank.

So, now I have to decide how to "improve" on the
original design.  I can think of two primary options.

I could let the steel angle rest directly on the frame
extension.  This would simplify the design and
construction and add the necessary clearance.
However, it would require attaching the belly pan to
the underside of the frame rail.  (I have already made
a cut to separate that section from the rest for
convenience during this job.)

Or, I could shorten the foam support within the box.
This would reduce the insulation somewhat, while
keeping more to the original design.

I would appreciate comments from anyone familiar with
this repair on a 68 or similar model.

Also, I would be happy to provide Autocad drawings for
anyone interested.  Naturally, they are provided with
a guarantee to match there price (zero).  If you have
Autocad, I can send the original file.  If not, send
me a SASE.  It's not that I mind the cost of the
stamp.  I just takes so long to remember them...

Jon in SC
68 Overlander