[VACList] Is it clearcoated?

Okay, here's a silly question...how can I tell for certain if our '64
Tradewind still has or ever had Plasticote?

Now that the inside and mechanicals are nearing completion (for now, anyway),
 it's time to start thinking about (gulp) polishing.  I already know which
method I want to use (Nuvite/compounder/Cyclo), but how can I tell for sure
if there's a clearcoat to be stripped first?  The trailer is a uniform grey
with no obvious signs of clearcoat deterioration (unlike our '71 Sovereign,
which has a few spots on the roof where the clear has peeled).  I tried some
CitriStrip on an inconspicuous area, and other than looking a little cleaner,
it didn't look much different than the rest of the trailer.

During a visit to Jackson Center to do research for an exhibit at the museum
where I work, I noticed in the 1964 dealer sales literature that the
Plasticote was an option (for around $30 on the Tradewind, I think).  I don't
know if that clarifies or clouds the issue of when it ceased to be an option
and became standard.

Should I polish a small section and see what happens or delve into the "to
strip or not to strip the trailer first" question a little deeper?

Thanks for the info,
Ben & Molly Butterworth
1971 Sovereign
1964 Tradewind