Re: [VACList] How to check condition of frame?

What I did is tap with a hammer (just a tap) along the frame on my
tradewind.  I heard all kinds of loose stuff in there which was either dirt
or rust.  Turned out to be rust on the bottom of the frame from water
getting into the trunk area and running along the bottom of the belly.  So
I did take down the belly and found loose rust on the cross members, but
still a good frame.  I will be treating it and I think it will be fixed.

That trunk is not a good design IMHO.  Mine had a 1/4 inch gap along the
hinge where it was not fastened well, so I refastened and sealed with
Vulcum.  Then I'm planning to put some sort of gasket material around the
inside of the lid.

Ken Johansen
5358
1959 Traveler