Re: [VACList] gas lamp question

Yes Lexxy,
    The gas line you are pondering is indeed the feeder for a gas lamp.
They are quite bright and do serve to take away the chill on a fall evening.
It would be great if you could get to one of the VAC rallies.  A lot of the
little mysteries that we all have with our vintage coaches get cleared up
when you see a great restoration.

Unless you are really keen on a perfect restoration I wouldn't bother to
hunt for the stock fixture.  And unless you really want a gas lamp I would
just cap the existing line.  If you are going to restore, the lamp is a
brushed metal finish and the globe is available for replacement.

Bob Kiger  http://cruiserbob.com
66 Airstream Safari
Mira Mar Mobile Park
Oceanside, CA