RE: [VACList] gas lamp question

Greetings Lexxy!

At least through the 1960s, the LP gas lamp was either an option or a
dealer installed accessory on Airstreams.  When properly adjusted, the
gas lamp does not produce soot.  The gas lamp will, however, produce a
fair amount of heat and a pleasing luminescent glow when used to light
the trailer.  In the days before the Univolt and large marine type house
batteries, the LP Gas lamp was the only practical lighting source when
boondocking.  Once the12-volt system became standard, the LP gas lamp
provided another means of extending the useful life of the house battery
when not connected to shore power.  Due to the heat produced by these
lamps, children camping in RVs where these are utilized must be taught
the danger of touching one when it is being used (I can still remember
being burned when I touched the globe on our LP gas lamp in our SunWay
when I was six years old).

Kevin

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359