[VACList] How to check condition of frame?

Hi all,

  I have been through my '77 Argosy Minuet single axle looking for things
that need attention.  The last thing I need to determine is the condition of
the trailer frame.  Are there key areas to look at.  Should I cut a hole in
the belly pan at some location?  The aluminum floor does not give me any
clues.  What tricks have you folks used to determine the condition of the
frame.  I hate to drop the belly pan, that looks like a lot of work.  I'm
betting you have a method to check out a trailer you are considering buying?

  The parts of the frame that I can see appear to be in good condition.  I
can get a long screwdriver in a few places.  Haven't found any heavy rust
scale.

  I'm trying to calculate how much money I want to put in this little
trailer.  If the frame is getting weak it will limit the amount I spend on
it.  I should have done my homework before the purchase, It was one of those
impulse things.  :)

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jim Widdicombe