Re: [VACList] Ground Fault Protection

Hi All,

  I was out in my "new to me" little Argosy tonight looking over the 120V
wiring.  The bare and white wires are not bonded at the breaker box, and I
think that is as it should be, and the bare ground lead is connected to the
chassi at the back.  I am using a three lead plugin to shore power.  This
still has me a little nervous.  Especially since the floor on mine is
aluminum.  A wet carpet could be like standing in water.

  I think I should ground fault the external receptacle at the old shop
where I am plugged in immediately, and will do that tomorrow!  This is an
old place, and needs lot's of restoration too.  Twice as old as the Argosy.

  I would like comments on how others approach this.  Would it be a good
idea to have a GF main breaker?  I would think in traveling one could run
accross some nasty power sources.  Putting  GF receptacles in every outlet
would work ok, but they don't fit very well in the shallow boxes.  Your
experience here would be most appreciated.

JimW

Argosy Minuete 6 Metre '77