Re: [VACList] base plate & Gas lamp

a couple of things, you might want to trace - as far as possible, and that is
not far at all, the gas line where it splits off the main line coming from the
propane tanks.  under pressure with the soapy bubble stuff.  it is entirely
possible that there are deposits (liquid) in the line and that as they get into
the orifice of the burner, they will put the lamp out. also, you just might have
funny gas/air leak.  I would take the lamp off (I need one, so feel free to send
it to me to hold<G>) and take the line loose where it splits off under the
trailer, and rig a way to run a cleaning rod thru it.  the bore is about 25 cal,
probably but it is obviously a flex line so you will need to drop a weight on a
line of about 6 feet, thru the gas pipe from the top end.

try to have plenty of line so that you can pull it back and forth.

how old are the tanks?  I am taking my alum tanks in next month for conversion
to that stupid new fitting  - hey! that might be your problem!!!  to finish
first, I will have them drain the tanks and hope that gets all the sludge out to
include that stink chemical.

Now, the new fittings are designed to cut off tank flow in the case of a leak,
if you are night-lighting with that lamp, it might very well seem like a leak to
the new valves and would shut the flow off.  suggest that you discuss this with
whomever you had do your tanks.  it might be a trial and error thing, if it will
run without going out at a very bright level which would prove my guess - to
find just how dim you can run the lamp before the leak-stop engages.

let me know
I cannot post to this list because I am too much of a curmudgeon but perhaps you
will answer me off list.  If this proves to be true and the solution, please
repost this to the list for me so that it will help others.

oh, feel free to join any of my shooting lists.

cheers
chas