[VACList] base plate & Gas lamp

Hi Fellow VCRs
I have been reading about the expensive jack base plates being sold on EBAY.
It seems the description does not quite fit the plates for my trailer.  My
Airstream jack base plates are about 9 1/2 inches square, has a cup in the
center with 4 reinforcing ribs tapering off to the corners that are cut off
on a 45* angle about 2 inches long & the aluminum casting reads "Airstream
Trailers Inc" in 3/8 " raised letters.  Nothing about "Jackson" on the plate
at all.  I have two of these plates.   I only need one, does anyone have an
opinion on these plates that aren't quite the same as the gold filled ones
being sold on EBAY?   If this isn't the place to give me your opinion,
please respond off list. I can send a jpeg photo of the plate.

On another subject, my 1958 gas lamp seems to be fussy sometimes. It lights
& burns fine then might puff & go out. I have tried adjusting the air mixing
valve, cleaned the jet,  used a high pressure air line to blow through the
low pressure side near the mantel, replaced the cloth mantel & burned it
off, made sure the glass globe is in place. All this had no change on the
temperamental lamp. The stove has great gas flames from all 4 burners & the
lamp does not seem affected by the stove being on or off.  I will use the
lamp when I'm in the trailer but can't depend leaving it lit for my guiding
light back to camp. Any experiences on maintenance or operation of this lamp
would be helpful.

I'm about to pull my 58 Caravanner up to Deer Camp for the remainder of
November. You can bet I'll use a block of wood so I don't take a chance of
loosing the base plate in the snow. I guess I'll use the bread crumbs trail
technique instead of the gas lamp for finding my way back to camp.

Thank You
John Young
WBCCI & VAC 6034