Re: [VACList] Aairstream makeovers

Hi  John,

That little headache maker will put a serious dent in  your wallet if you go
to Airstream for a replacement.  I replaced the Univolt (50#s) of
transformer with a 5# Intelli Power/Charge Wizard.  I know there are other
manufacturers that are also suitable.  These newer units are near so quiet
that I seldom know when the fan turns on.

Replacement is rather straight forward and I'm sure that there are several
list contributors who can guide you through the installation.

Airstream most likely will be OK for your other quirks, but I thought you
could save a bundle with the converter - might have more $$s for something
you can't handle.  Besides, I think you have to make an appointment with the
center for the work you want done.  I've received mailings from Airstream
notifying me that they do repairs - especially during the off season.

                    Regards, Joy