[VACList] vintage tow vehicle questions

I have a question about the suitability of a vintage tow vehicle in towing
my '60 Overlander.

I am looking at purchasing a '62 Chrysler Imperial in very nice condition.
In my searches to find a class 3 hitch receiver to be installed on the car
one of the people told me that the car was only rated to tow up to 2000#,
therefore only a class 1 hitch is available for the car. Is this a bunch of
huey or do they know something about this model of car that I don't? I
believe that it is the largest car that Chrysler made in 1962. It has a 413
V8 engine with the automatic push button tranny. I have no idea as to the
gearing of the car. It weighs in at about 4700#, which is the same as the
Overlander. In the past I have used 2 other Chryslers as tow vehicles for
this trailer and they proved to be adequate. One was a '73 Newport with a
400 V8 and the other was a '73 New Yorker with the 440. Both cars had an
extra tranny cooler installed and I assume that I would do the same with the
Imperial, but I know that some of the older cars did not have external
cooling for the tranny fluid. If the Imperial is one of these does that make
it unsuitable for towing? Anyone know?

Tomorrow's job is to look for someone to custom fabricate a hitch receiver
for the car, but if it really is not suited for towing, then I would like to
know now, so I can pass on the car!

Scott