Re: [VACList] Re: [VAC] Re: Suburban Furnace nt-16

Thanks Dr. G.

  I got my motor back from the automotive electrical shop.  When I was on
the phone with them talking about brushes, my wife said "Why don't you just
have them do the whole thing."  Well, with a wimpering lip I did.  I love to
tinker with stuff like this, but just did not have the time.  It is getting
cold in Montana.

  For $30 (not including shipping) I got a motor back that is working great.
They even painted it.  I put a mark on the housing where the mounting
bracket fit.  Probably a good thing.

  Everything is working fine.  I have my CO and LPG detectors in place, and
have run the furnace all day.  Not a peep from any of them.  I sprayed all
the connections with soap solution.  All tight.

  The furnace itself is in fair condition.  It should get me through until
spring.  Maybe the spring after that.  It is not in good enough shape for a
new $100 motor.

  Thanks for all the great information.  I now understand a heck of a lot
more about DC motors. And the gumming effects of different oils.  Your
turorial was great for me.

  Thanks all,

Jim