[VAC] Mounting Microwave

Great idea Cynthia,

When I read that phrase, I immediately envisioned legs that folded up when
your Airstream is parked, but with legs hanging down in the support position
when traveling. That concept is already in use with tables in many trailers.
The hardware is available and would be adaptable with little effort.

Here's another concept.

When I was a kid, we had a table with a leaf on both sides that dropped
down, thereby enabling us to slide the table against a wall for more space
in the living room.

When either leaf was raised, a support beam on a leg was swung out and
supported the drop leaf. That concept might be adaptable.

Thirdly, seeing as you are doing a major restoration inside anyway, have you
considered if you'll be using the trailer in sub-freezing weather? If not,
then a catalytic heater might suffice and the furnace could be left out.
It's space could become a snug bed for the microwave while traveling.

A fourth idea I'd consider would be to create hold downs with velcro (How? I
don't know). What I do know is your phrase got my wheels spinning.

I'm sure you'll come up with something - and then revise it once or twice or
more; and/or come up with a better idea that has your own originality in it.

All of us will be interested in reading about how you end up dealing with
your microwave.  What you do and your rationale might apply to other items
that I might want to carry but haven't become aware of it yet.

Terry

mailto:tylerbears@mac.com