[VAC] Mounting microwave

Hi Cynthia,

As you know, the downward force of gravity is multiplied when your Airstream
goes over bumps.

 Anything that is attached to the bottom of a cabinet will increase the
downward pull on the underneath portion of the cabinet by the weight of the
microwave, as well as the multiplier associated with bumps in the road.

In turn, that force increases the downward pull on whatever fasteners are
holding the cabinet in place either against the wall or at the roof line.

Thus and therefore, if it was me and I installed the microwave to the
underneath portion of the cabinet, I'd watch the fasteners that are holding
the cabinet in place.

If I saw undue stress on those fasteners and I REALLY REALLY wanted the
microwave permanently in that location, I'd look for a way to support the
downward forces with a "couple of legs" between the microwave and the
countertop.

By doing that, at least I'd still have open space under the microwave.

Before I started thinking this was THE SOLUTION, I'd pay very close
attention to the fasteners and their tightness for at least 500+ miles.

Why am I suggesting so much attention to detail? I've had an overhead
cabinet come loose and it was lightly packed. Even though I've reinforced
and strengthened all fasteners, I still check their tightness whenever I
reach into the back part of the overhead cabinet for napkins or coffee
filters or straws or plastic silverware or empty Tupperware containers.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@mac.com