[VAC] Towing in OD

This is a subject near and dear to my heart.  I am the original owner of a
'93 F150 equipped with the E4OD transmission, at the time of purchase the
dealer told me it was OK to tow in OD as long as the conditions permit, the
owner's manual confirmed the dealers claim.  I have towed 3 or 4 AS's with
my truck over a total of maybe 10K miles.  I have a transmission cooler and
still had to replace the transmission twice at $2,800 per event.  Without
going into too much detail, after the second incident I spoke to a couple
transmission shop mechanics and both flatly advised me to never tow in OD.
I learned an expensive lesson to say the least, it doesn't take long to fry
clutches.

David