[VAC] Re: Towing a 1968 17' Caravel

Jeff,
You would really be better off with Ford's new F-550.   :)    .....Kidding.  You rig sounds like it has good equipment and is up to the task of pulling a 17 foot trailer.

I tow a 25 foot Tradewind with one friction antisway bar and I have no problem.  Never have had any problems in all kinds of conditions.  You could probably get by without one, but it is pretty cheap insurance.  One friction anti-sway bar from Camping world costs less than $100.  Then that day when you are pulling with a strong cross-wind on the freeway with lots of big trucks flying past you, you will feel better.

Good luck,
Jerry 2982