[VAC] Re: Airstream Hardware

I do not know what Airstream is using now.  Sugatsune makes excellent
quality products. [Very strong, very reliable, and higjhly corrosion
resisrtant (a lot of stainless steel items)] They are one of the few
companies that I know ot that makes push button plunger latches (as opposed
to friction catches).  The plunger latches will not vibrate or bounce loose
and open, whereas the friction catch might.  I am sure there are other
manufacturers of this sort of catch, but I am not aware of them. Another
source would be marine hardware from a ship chandler (or marine supply).
Oliver