[VAC] Brake Control _ Newbie Question

Just want to say ditto to the need for breaks and a controller.  I drive a
diesel Excursion 4x4 which weighs over 8,000 lbs.  The breaks failed on my
25 foot Tradewind and I continued into the nearest town.  It is an AWFUL
feeling to need to stop and feel the 4,500 lb trailer pushing you and
pushing you.  It is a very easy situation in which to jack-knife.  In an
emergency situation or a situation where you needed to stop fast ... you are
sunk.

If you will drive 20 to 30 mph on back roads with NO possibilities of an
emergency, you can risk it.  After my experience, I would be VERY hesitant
to do even that.

Jerry
2982