[VAC] Suburban furnace exhaust

Hi All,

I'm about to reinstall the Suburban furnace in my '69 Safari and I need some
help with the caulking that seals the adapter between the skin and the
exhaust tube.  The two screws evident in the exhaust port were covered with
caulking that seals the adapter to the exhaust tube.  The caulking seemed
like vulkem.  Just not sure about the high heat in the exhaust port.  See
the attachment for a better understanding of my writing.

Thanks,                                              Joy