[VAC] Related water pump question

-Can anyone suggest why my water pump motor will operate while the 110v
connection is hooked-up....but will not operate with the 12v alone.  This is
all new to me and I would assume that 12v operation for boondocking,
etc. --is equal or more important than the 110v.

I have one wall switch in front of the kitchen sink; there are some loose
capped wires eminating from the lower wall under the range area-but this
dosen't seem related. The pump shows 1 set of wires to the electrical side
of the pump.

Could this be an electrical problem in the rear of the unit, possibly at the
converter?  I hate to start chasing wire.

SteveC
'69 Caravel

Scratching my head.....