[VAC] Re: Repair of dent

Sissy:

My sympathies...I had a similar incident - twice, in fact.  Someone gave me
a nice big dent in segment 13 on my (now sold) 1972 Safari; cost the
insurance company around $800 to repair.  Then, this summer, someone in a
Wal-Mart parking lot gave us another in our 1995 trailer, about the same
spot.  About $1,100 to repair.  Sadly, no one is willing to leave a note
these days (if they noticed hitting it at all; however, on the 1995, it was
hit twice in the same place, as could be determined by the tail-light
impressions on the Al).

Aluminum does not heal well like steel does, so the "oilcan" dents don't
come out neatly in our Airstreams.  However, it's worth a try.  It won't
add anything to the cost of repair, so long as you don't involve any
adjacent panels.

- Dick
(5368)