[VAC] Re: New to a '64 Globetrotter

John,
 I think you're pushing it to tow with a Toyota, you really need a 1/2-ton
truck or equivilant, IMO.

It's getting difficult to find someone who will work on tires mounted on
split rims, so you should definitely plan on replacing them at the same time
that you replace the tires. If you don't know that the tires are no more
than maybe 5 or 6 years old, they should be replaced, no matter how good
they might look. I bought an Avion this past Spring that had good-looking
tires, but they were automotive type (although I was within their load
ratings) and I didn't know the age. Sooo... I pulled 'em off to get them
replaced and noticed some small cracks between the treads; the sidewalls
looked fine yet. Sure am glad I decided to change 'em. :-)

                                                                   <<Jim>>