[VAC] Re: New to a '64 Globetrotter

John,

I would hope that by "up" you mean north, not uphill.  I can't think of
any four cylinder engine/drive train/brakes that would not die under
that load.  Check out your owner's manual for the GCWR, subtract the
weight of loaded tow vehicle, what's left is your tow capacity.  I'd
suspect you'd be close to 2000 pounds short.

What type of tow vehicle are you referring to.  The tow ratings might be
published on the manufacturer' web site.

There are very few places who will even touch split rims.  If the tires
are anywhere near the age of the rims you will need to replace them
(general rule of thumb 5 years life cycle) and will probably find that
out at the tire store.  Last 3 digits of DOT code on tire refer to (2
digits) week of year and (third digit) last number of year that tire was
built.  Also specify "ST" (special trailer) service tires, as passenger
or light truck tire side walls are not built for intermittent service
that trailers typically see.

You have only one life to live, live it long enough to live.

Matt