[VAC] New to a '64 Globetrotter

Hi Folks,

I'm new to the list and am seriously considering purchasing a '64
Globetrotter--our first trailer ever--and I've got a steep learning curve.
I've been warned about a few things already and I'd like to see if anyone
with experience can steer me right. I know I need to get the serial number
off of the trailer to be sure about some stats, but I believe it's a 19' model.

The current owner, who is a friend, tells me this rig can be towed behind a
4 cylinder Toyota 4x4, but everything I see makes me think this is pushing
the limits. He pulls it behind his, carefully. The trailer supposed weighs
in right around 3,500, which is the limit on the 4x4. Tongue weight is
currently 450, by his estimate, and Toyota recommends 350 in the manual.

We don't plan to tour with this rig (though I suspect the temptation will
quickly grow.) My wife's an archaeologist with a long-term contract in a
national park and needs summer housing and a small office. We'll just haul
it up there seasonally and let it set for months, then haul it down.

Am I pushing my luck here thinking I can move this with a 4 cylinder?

Also, it has original split rim wheels. I've been advised to replace these.
Is that necessary?

Appreciate any wisdom you can toss my way.

--John