Re: [VAC] Olympic heater - feedback please

Hi Deena:

Having spent a winter in Taos, I know what you mean.

My 6100 A that I got from Camper's Choice last year (without the 20% darn
it) has three settings (essentially):

3000 btu  low
4500 btu  med
6000 btu  high

You should light it on high, but I have never run it for any length of
time except on low.  But I didn't have it in Taos either.

The 8100 A apparently has a low setting of about 4000 btu, which might
be kind of high (IMHO).

One thing I do remember from Taos is that we would close the door to the
bathroom to conserve what little heat we had (a ceramic heater).  As
strange as it may sound, you might want to consider buying 2 3100s.  You
could run one when it was not so cold and both (one on the other end of
the trailer) when it got colder. Plus I like the idea of the 1600 btu low
setting that they have. Lots of combinations there.  You still end up
with 6000 btus max, although I imagine that it will cost somewhat more
(~$100).

Later,

GQ '67 Safari