Re: [VAC] Olympic heater - feedback please

Deena,

I installed the 6100 in the front of my trailer last winter and got quite a bit of use out of it including in freezing
weather.  I also have a Suburban furnace which never seemed enough to completely heat the front area.

I found that it is quite nice to have both systems as I typically set the furnace at about 65 but keep the 6100 on low
or mid setting.  I find that this technique results in the 6100 providing most the heat as the furnace does not come on
that often but when it does it helps spread the heat around better because of its blower system.  I also find that there
is less condensation when using the furnace in addition to the 6100.  I have dry camped in excess of 5 days with this
arrangement providing all of my heat.

As far as getting the 8100, I'd recommend staying with the 6100 but trying to find it elsewhere for a better deal.  I
say this because the few times I have used the 6100 on high it has really been too much heat in too concentrated an area
(except when starting up and bringing the trailer interior up to temperature).  You will likely be able to get a better
price at Camping World by piggy backing coupons and waiting for the 6100 to go on sale (which it always does in the fall
and winter).

Just my experience,

Tom Howarth

'53 Flying Cloud, VAC & WBCCI #6490