Re: [VAC] Olympic heater - feedback please

Deena -
Spent my first winter full-timing in my 20' Globetrotter in '76, in Santa
Fe.
Shortly after Halloween, the temperature dropped below freezing, and stayed
there for two weeks... much of the time below zero. Rolled out of bed one
morning in early November, and stepped onto a thin sheet of ice covering a
half-inch of water throughout the trailer. Propane had run out during the
night, waterlines had frozen, waterpump had cracked, and trailer had flooded
until the leak froze over...

The cats and I moved into a motel - I rented a propane warehouse heater and
placed it under the trailer, ran it until it thawed, drained the trailer,
dried out the floor, and proceeded to Las Cruces and warmer temperatures to
re-plumb my poor Airstream...

My point is, personal comfort is not the only issue where cold weather and
Airstreams are concerned...

Tuna
'49 Clipper
wbcci #8862