Re: [VAC] "56" 27' Overlander

Jerry,
Look at the toilet.  If it is mounted on a pipe with a flange and the
flanged pipe goes right to the floor, there is no holding tank.  If
there is a raised box to which the porcelain flange is mounted, you have
an early black water tank.  It is possible to have a stainless tank
fabricated to fit the space which can give you a small black tank for
Rallies or boondocking where there are no sewer hookups.  My 58 Traveler
has a toilet in the front curbside with a small steel holding tank in a
sort of pie slice shape that fits the curve of the front end wall.  I
inquired from a sheet metal fabricator about reproducing it in stainless
and it wasn't unreasonable - about $200 to $300 depending if I wanted to
stretch it out to make a joined shower pan (no shower in the trailer).
It would need holes for stainless bolts and a rubber gasket at the top
where it meets the porcelain and a proper fitting at the base where it
exits into the existing drain.  Of course you can also just put in a
more modern toilet.  If you do, save the old porcelain toilet and
water/flush fittings for another airstreamer who wants a restoration.
Sounds like you are one of us now: condolences and congratulations both!
Tom