Re: [VAC] "56" 27' Overlander

Jerry,
I have one I have not restored yet and I love it.  Keep in mind that it
came from the factory without grey or black holding tanks and if someone
has retrofitted them in, it might be a kludge job (spelling?) - if it
doesn't have any you may want to install some or just use the blue
trolley when camping.  Check out the floor by the door and all around
for rot/sag and check out the appliances. .  Towing it away if you buy
it means having working tow/brake/running/turn signals and hopefully
brakes.  Try to have the wheel bearings repacked before you go far with
it. Look for frame rust and leaks.   If the appliances are original and
you plan on replacing them or upgrading them, offer them to fellow
restorers rather than tossing them.  The Overlander is a good trailer
for family camping or for those who need a little roomier nest than the
Safari or any of the prized smaller models of that period.  Keep in mind
that a Vintage unit of almost any era will be project.  Sometimes easy
little things need work and sometimes more pops up than you'd bargained
for.  Good luck,
Tom