Re: [VAC] Twin mattress type

I replaced the original twin foam mattresses on my '66 Overlander with custom 4"
innerspring mattresses and would not consider replacing with Airstream's foam
mattresses. I tried out a new a/s trailer's beds and couldn't figure out why they
were so uncomfortable until I noted the flimsy foam mattresses. Save time and go to
any custom mattress maker and have good ones made. I redid the front couch with
five layer foam, with the inner the firmest and outer the softest. No one complains
about the mattress comfort in my a/s. Yup, the whole deal cost a grand but was
worth it (included new couch cover).
Randy Unter
'66 Overlander