Re: [VAC] power and water

Hi ya'all.

Okay, this is a little premature for me; inasmuchas I'm still trying to fix
up the basics and check things out, etc.  Not at all ready to do any
"streaming".

But I've been reading with much interest in various parts and operation of
the vintage units that are out there.  Mainly with an eye towards repairs and
replacements.

I have a 1963 26' "Land Yacht".  Single axle, rear bath unit.

The fresh water tank, black water tank, and hot water heater are all located
under the midship couch/sleeper sofa on the non-curb side.  And the
electrical circuit breaker box is under the bathroom sink, accessible from an
outside compartment.

I have easily found the electrical connection, and temporarily use a properly
rated extension cord to run power to the lights and outlets.  Understanding
that I do not have the amp rating to operate the a/c (or swamp cooler if
that's what it is).  I figured I would wait until I have finished getting the
trailer lights (turn signals, brake lights, etc) to work, the wheel bearings
and brakes rebuilt, etc; before worrying about the a/c unit.  Then I would
probably tow her to a reputible RV repair center and have them check it out
and replace as neccessary.

I also have found where the battery is supposed to be connected.  Obviously
by that statement there is no battery.  Again, one of the items on my list is
to get a replacement battery and troubleshoot as neccessary.

Here then is my question.

Where do you connect the fresh water supply hose, to fill the fresh water
tank?  I have found the fresh water drain next to the electrical cord under
the non-curb side rear.  And I have used that to do some trouble shooting on
the water lines.  But this seemed to me as a bad place to try and fill a
tank, from the bottom up????

Forward and a bit above the battery compartment on the non-curb side is
another hatch.  In this hatch is a cap with a Schrader valve (tire) and some
note about 5 lbs psi max.  I haven't been able to get this cap unscrewed.  I
have been reluctant to force it off until I knew what this was for.  Can
anyone tell me what this is for, and why the 5lbs psi????

The only other area that I know I need work on is the main propane line
coming from the regulator to the first connection under the unit.  It was
left off one winter, filled with water and froze.  The freezing split the
line.  I'm hoping that with care and tenderness, I'll be able to take the
entire section off and get a replacement (manufactured if neccessary).

Thank you all for all the generous information that you share with us all.
From the tech tips and experiences, to the travelogues.  I appreciate them
all.