Re: [VAC] power and water

Hal,
 If you have a heavy-duty extension cord, you can plug it into a good
house receptacle to test the A/C. You might want to use one of those
plugin voltmeters in an outlet to be sure the voltage stays up when you
energize the A/C compressor. Whatever you do when you're testing things,
DON'T cycle the compressor on and off. If you shut it off, leave it off
for at least 3 or 4 minutes.

This advice holds for ANY refrigeration compressor, your home A/C,
fridge, whatever.

If you're not running the A/C, you can use about any ol' cord to operate
the lights, you don't need anything real heavy-duty.

You should have no problem getting a replacement propane line. Mine had
a flexible metal line between the regulator and the main copper tube
that runs under the belly; I replaced it with a custom-made hose
assembly from our local propane supplier. (much less likely to break,
IMO)

It sounds like you have the old-style pressurized metal tank water
system. That cap is probably for filling the tank and pressurizing it
from a gas-station hose. You should have an on-board compressor also.

                                    <<Jim>>