Re: [VAC] Tire question

Roger,

Those tires are regular RV tires.  They are rated at 2540# each tire at the
correct inflation pressure.  It's a load range D tire.  I have that size
made by Goodyear called Marathan on my 60 Caravanner but I have a single
axle.  No need to get the load range D unless you need the load carrying
capability.  What does your rig weigh?  Four of these tires will support
10,160#.  If you don't need this much capability, drop back to the load
range C tire which Goodear also makes in the same size.  I think each tire
is rated at 1950 or 2000#.  I have heard that Cooper makes these tire also
but I don't know which is best.  While you're at it check the wheels
because they also have to take the same load the tire does.  I've heard
stories from others RVers about cracked and broken wheels.  Trailer and
automobile wheels are rated differently so be carefull.

                  Garnett
                  60 Caravanner
                  WDCU @ http://www.servintfree.net/wbcci-dc/