Re: [VAC] Gray holding tank was Mirror Shine

I'm not predicting a date because I have several other things ahead of it.
First, I need to shave a lot of Olympic rivet and then I'm going to put in
Rivnuts for the holding the lights.

Right now though I've ordered a 27 gallon holding tank that I hope to have
installed before the August Summer Rally at Penn Wood.  Since the trailer
frame is fairly thin metal and does not have enough metal to drill and tap,
I had another rectangular frame made from steel angle.  I get this frame
Monday and it fits between the two trailer frame members and between two
cross members.  These cross members are just to the rear of the axle and as
close as I can get to it.  The inside dimension of this cavity in the
trailer is 54"x23" and is 4" high.  The angle steel frame is made from
2x2x1/4 steel and will fit the inside.  (If I had it to do over I would
probably use 1.5x1.5x1/4 steel to reduce the weight.)  I'll bolt it to the
cross members and weld it to the frame members.  This welded frame now
gives me the opportunity to drill and tap anywhere for supporting the gray
water holding tank.

There is a fore and aft steel angle welded to the trailer frame that
supports the plywood floor along the center line.  This will have to be
removed but I don't consider this serious since it's under the bed and not
in an area that has to support much weight.

BTW, the tank I ordered is from Coast, pg 403, for $162.  It's polyethylene
and is 52x22 and 27 gal.  I've gotten a price of $350 for a welded aluminum
tank.  Plastics Plus in Bismarck quoted $345 for an ABS tank.  All-Rite has
the same size tank in polypropolyene for about $100 more.  Now I have not
checked junk yards for old gas tanks that may fit but I think the Coast
tank is the best price I can find and it should fit.  I'll use small steel
angle to support the tank to the welded frame.

We'll see how it goes.

                  Garnett
                  60 Caravanner
                  WDCU @ http://www.servintfree.net/wbcci-dc/