Re: [VAC] mirror shine?

Bill,
Just to make sure I didn't miss anything in my grand polishing
adventure, I went and tried out the no-wipe method you mentioned below.
The Cyclo will swirl the polish until the cows come home without
slinging a drop.  So, I dug out the variable speed Porter-Cable,
installed a wool buff pad, I tried it out on an old sheet of aluminum (I
wasn't going to touch the finished Caravel for anything).  I really had
to dial up the speed, but got it to spin off the residue.  Of course
everything within 20 feet looked like hell (including myself), and the
pad really loaded up with mud.   I don't see how I could have ever got
finished polishing, having to clean up that mess and be cleaning pads
every few minutes.  It also won't get the mud out of a lap seam or fine
scratches.  You would eventually have to solvent wipe because of the
perpetual mud "over-sling".  Were you pulling everyone's leg here just
to see if some fool would try it??
RJ
(fool)