[VAC] Leveling blocks

Just about ready to roll south.  I don't have a lot of money for store
bought metal leveling frames so I decided to cut the 2"x6" scaffolding that
I used for polishing into leveling blocks.

I realize that the amount and height of blocks will vary with terrain BUT as
a rule or common practice.  How many blockes should I carry to level out the
trailer and campervan (puller) in average situations.

I am cutting them with a hand saw so I would like to stay minimal but not
inadequate.  So far I have cut two 2 foot long pieces and 2 pieces that are
three inches shorter.  All have a 3" ramp at one end.  These can be stacked
to make a 3 1/2" rise.  How many more are needed and any other tips on
leveling.  I will also have two chalk blocks made from some old 4"x4".

Are there tricks of the trade that I am missing?

Bob Kiger aka Cruiser Bob
bobkiger@home.com
1966 Vintage Safari