Re: [VAC] flash water heater installations?

Jimmy,

Sounds like you have an interesting situation there.

I wouldn't recommend the old soda acid extinguisher as with age they tend to get
weak. I used to work with Fire Systems Service years ago and we would take any of
these out of commission as we would find them. Folks have been injured and even
killed from using these units. They would grab a hold, lift and invert it the way
you're supposed to. Then when the acid does it's thing and reacts with the soda
they at times will explode from weak walls in the unit. I have a beautiful one
all polished up, copper & brass with red lettering and even the internal bottle &
cage is still in it. However it has been decommissioned and is empty. Only good
for a "conversation piece."

You might think about a good metal shop making one up out of stainless.

Pat