[VAC] 75 airstream

Hi  My name is Joan from Thunder Bay,Ont.  I purchased a airstream 2 weeks
ago was to be my dreamstream turned into a nightmare I am a widow me and my
daughter went to Mn to pick it up. The man i bought it from a retired
highway patrolman on the phone he said he was the second owner and he always
wintered oin Florida but this year went to Arizona.  i said thats good
because I want one that was been used not sitting in a field for years.  He
said it was in very good condition and He did all the usual upkeep etc,,
Well i bought it When i got it home my sister noiced it was wet under the
carpet that he just put in it wasn't only wet but so far i found 3 sots wew
the floor is rotten. i phoned him and after questioning him when he bought
it,after i phoned DOT and found out he just bought it in Nov 99 Its also
leaking from the roof he said he didn't know anything but he can[t remember
who he bought it from.  Yesterday i found out theres leaks in the gas line
and the air doesn't work,  i know i am partly to blame as i should have
checked it there before i purchased it but i fell for the oldest line where
he had people lined up to buy it.  i paid 5,000 us which was 7600.can pli=us
599 tax at the border ,  to make a long story short can this trailer be
saved?  i am on a fixed income and spent all my savings on this i called him
and he said he will send me 200.00to fix the floor.  sure would appreciate
any ideas from anyone out there.  Is there anyhow i can find out who he
bought it from as he says he can't remember there name.  It was in Arizona
thanks  Joan from Thunder Bay, Ont.