Re: [VAC] introduction

Seems to be universal in the RV trailer world to include a simple lock,
all keyed alike so the security is minimal. Around here its standard
practice to add a residential dead bolt, can be bought in stainless
steel for under $50.00 in hardware stores and home centers. After that
the original lock is just used for a "gate" latch, the dead bolt for
security. On my '68 Caravel, some previous owner added a hasp with built
in lock. Probably cost $7.98. Looks terrible and caused my dad to have
to crawl out a window once when the door slammed and the hasp closed. I
think a stainless steel residential dead bolt will be one of my future
tasks.

Practically all the RV door latches come from Bargeman.

Gerald J.