Re: [VAC] 75 airstream

Joan,

It's sad, ................ but some folks can't be trusted. What year and model
unit did you buy?
The floor problem can be repaired but how costly depends on how far the rot has
traveled and if it is in any hard to get at spots. When you say the air doesn't
work .............. do you mean you are able to turn it on, it runs, but doesn't
pump out cold air? If this is the case it needs a recharge, ............... if
you get no response from the unit at all it may be turned off at the breaker
box. It would be nice if it was this simple. Gas line leak? This guy you bought
it from used it? Get the gas system pressure tested at a local shop that
specializes in RV's. You don't want to mess around with gas leaks. I'm not
afraid of gas ........... I just respect it! You need to get the coach thourghly
looked over and sealed for water leaks.
Being on a limited income and needing to fix the unit may seem overwhelming but
think of it this way. Set aside a certain amount of money each month that you
can spare and gradually work on getting your trailer in shape. Do you have any
friends that are mechanically inclined? They would cost much less than a shop
flat rate. You must like the trailer otherwise you wouldn't have purchased it.
Most units can be fixed, but it takes money to do it. A lot of us have to spread
out the time factor because of limited funds. But we keep at it until we get the
job done.
Sorry the seller misrepresented the trailer to you. The $200.00 won't go very
far, but it's better than nothing.

Feel free to ask any questions that you may have. There are a number of
knowledgeable folks here on the list that are happy to share with you.

Keep smiling!!

Pat Ewing